Peninsula Health - Melbourne, VIC
• APT General Medicine • Mornington Peninsula Location
• Salary Packaging Benefits About Peninsula Health
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care ad aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
For more information on Peninsula health please feel welcome to visit our website http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/ Position Summary
Join a fantastic team in General Medicine at Peninsula Health.
We care about people and pride ourselves on creating a positive and friendly working environment. We value excellence in clinical care coupled with leadership qualities and a strong team spirit. We encourage and actively support involvement in academic activities like teaching and research.
General Medicine is a large and busy Department, with 5 General Medicine Units at Frankston Hospital as well as another Medical Unit at Rosebud Hospital, staffed at senior level by a very strong team of 7 full-time consultant physicians (many with sub-specialty interests) plus 7 VMO consultants.
A number of Advanced Physician Training positions in general and acute care medicine will be available in 2020. The 6 month General Medicine rotations provide comprehensive broad exposure to a wide range of inpatients, and includes General Medicine clinic as well as opportunities to attend a sub-specialty clinic of interest.
Peninsula Health is accredited for 24 months of core training and 12 months of non-core training in General Medicine. Potential 6 month specialty rotations include: Cardiology, Intensive Care, Gastroenterology, Peri-operative Medicine, Endocrinology and a Senior Medical Registrar role.
There is ample opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate education, and develop clinical research projects. Key Responsibilities
•Under direction, provide appropriate medical care to patients and assist more senior doctors in complex cases.
•Build and expand personal skill levels to ensure that clients receive the best possible service reflecting up to date evidence based professional practice•Be aware of and work in accordance with organisational policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and relevant legislative requirements.• Demonstrate positive workplace behaviours and relationships at all times. Essential Criteria
•MB BS or equivalent
•General, Limited or provisional registration as a Medical Practitioner•Relevant experience in clinical management
•Completion of Clover Clinical systems training at commencement of employmentclinical knowledge, skills and experience in contemporary medical and evidence based practice
•Ability to work as an effective member of an inter disciplinary team•Successful completion of RACP Written and Clinical Examinations How to apply
To apply for this position via Seek, please click on 'Apply for this Position' which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply or to continue with your application from Seek please click on 'Apply Now' and follow the below steps to finalise your application:Existing Account Users:
1. Click 'Sign in' and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter New Account Users:
1. Click 'Register' to create an account
2. Once registered, click 'Sign in' in the top right hand corner3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad)
4. Re click 'Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700.
If you have any questions specific to the positon you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below. Other Information
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must complete a National Criminal History Records Check, meet the immunisation requirements of their role and demonstrate evidence of current work rights to work in Australia prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a Working With Children Check card. To find out more about our quality employment standards and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment/
• Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.• Peninsula Health ensures the safety and wellbeing of Victorians living with a disability and will conduct an additional pre-employment check prior to making an offer of employment to a potential employee. This safeguard strengthens existing pre-employment screening processes to better protect people with disability who access disability services. Click here to view our latest video made by doctors for doctors at Peninsula Health Click here to view information on living on the Mornington Peninsula Click here to view information on preparing for your employment at Peninsula Health