Head Of Department - Technologies - Woodridge State High School , Education
Image Courtesy of Woodridge State High School ( )
About Woodridge State High School
Our school celebrates a strong sense of community and is reflective of the multicultural Logan region. We are especially proud of the ways in which we celebrate richness and diversity in student backgrounds. Woodridge State High School now educates approximately 1400 students from over 60 cultural backgrounds.
As the Head of Department you will have responsibility for the following:
- Lead the school department to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with students, parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students and staff within the school department.
- Manage the human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources of the school department to achieve goals.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE ( ) .
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services ( ) (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE ( )
- A maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘ How you will be assessed ' section in the attached role description.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: