Head Of Department - Senior Schooling - Windaroo Valley State High School
Queensland Department of Education
Windaroo Valley State High School are seeking applications from flexible and strategic leaders to join our leadership team. In this role you will have responsibility for the implementation of the Senior Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework in the Senior School. A strong curriculum knowledge will be highly advantageous.
Image Courtesy of Windaroo Valley State High School
About Windaroo Valley State High School
Windaroo Valley State High is a co-educational State High School located in Logan City. The school was established in 1994 and currently has approximately 1200 students in Years 7-12. The community consists of both established residential areas and areas of rapid growth. Windaroo Valley State High School offers an innovative curriculum with a futures orientation. The school is located in a community with a long tradition of academic, vocational, cultural and sporting achievement. It serves the students well in nurturing opportunities for them to excel in each domain. WVSHS has a strong academic focus and offers a range of extension programs including GTEK (Gifted and Talented Kids), STEM, Japanese, Music and ACE (Athletics Centre of Excellence). WVSHS is an inclusive community dedicated to excellence in learning and quality outcomes for students.
The Head of Department - Senior Schooling is an active participant in the school leadership and curriculum teams. The successful applicant will significantly contribute to a school's academic culture that is focussed on continuous improvement to maximise each student's performance and potential.
The Head of Department - Senior Schooling leads four key priorities within their portfolio of responsibilities:
- Implementation of the Senior Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework in the Senior School- Years 10 to 12
- Ensure whole school moderation and quality assurance of senior curriculum and assessment including adherence to QCAA requirements
- Build the academic culture in the senior school
- Ensure students are in their desired pathways for successful transition to post school options
The successful applicant is required to work across a range of teams to monitor student performance, and support staff and students to improve learning outcomes.
A Mandatory Requirement Of This Role Is
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE .
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE .
- A brief resume (maximum 3 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Occupational group Education & Training
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: